The Dutch Association for Demography states two objectives in its statutes :
- promoting the scientific study of population issues in general and those in the Netherlands in particular, and
- promoting the distribution of knowledge on population issues among the larger population.
It seeks to achieve these objectives through the following activities:
- organizing scientific meetings;
- arrange study groups to study parts or aspects of population issues;
- the publication and distribution of scientific and popular scientific publications;
- encouraging research on demographic issues, and
- other legal means that may be beneficial to the objectives.